Full Stack Team Leader
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Report to: Manager of Engineer
At ELSA we have developed our own backend infrastructure using a Python-based stack and our frontend mostly based on Vue.js. All that happens in the apps and in the backend gets tracked and stored into our databases. As a full-stack developer on the growth squad you will be modifying both backend and frontend and analyzing the resulting data to help the ELSA leadership team take important decisions on the ELSA product future.
As part of your role you will:
- Lead full stack engineering team around 5-8 members
- Working directly with stakeholders, clarify requirements, design technical and develop features with the team.
- Transform abstract ideas specifications into actionable engineering tasks
- Setup logs and metrics and evaluate how these experimental features are performing.
- Derive conclusions from the obtained metrics and present them to the ELSA management team
- Interact with other staff at ELSA to decide on which experimental features should be evolved and which ones should be killed.
What do you need?
- 8+ years of experience in web development, and at least 3+ years in leading the team
- Team / technical leadership experience
- Knowledges or experiences developing in python (ideally including Django) and database SQL (postgres, mySQL or similar relational database)
- Experiences in marketing websites development and SEO Optimizations.
- Familiar with microservices and DevOps environments
- Practice professional software development (Automated testing, code reviews, CI/CD)
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- University degree (bachelor or masters) in Computer Science (or similar)
What we offer?
- Competitive salary according to seniority
- Flexible working hours, Private Premium Health Insurance
- Company trip, Happy Hour and Company Birthday Party
- Having ELSA Pro account during working here.
- Ample room to grow professionally
- Friendly work environment, no office politics
- Experience the true startup spirit of a fast growing and well funded Silicon Valley startup
- Opportunity to work on a mission that can transform the lives of 1.5 Billion language learners around the World
Want to work on the mission of helping 1.5 Billion English learners around the world? Join Elsa, a Silicon Valley based fast-growing startup with the most powerful artificial intelligence technology that detects pronunciation accents. We’re on a mission to help people to speak English with confidence, and empower them to reach their potential.
Since launching in 2016, we grew organically to over 4 million users worldwide. Elsa has offices in Silicon Valley (USA), Lisbon (Portugal), and Saigon (Vietnam).
We have built out our track records with high calibre teams:
- “The Best Digital Learning App” at Reimagine Education 2016
- The 2016 winner of the world’s largest startup competition SXSWEdu Launch
- Recently invested by Google AI’s fund
- Recognized as Top 5 Best Artificial Intelligence Apps (by Research Sniper), and Top 4 Companies Using AI To Transform The World (by Forbes)
- Proven mobile app product with a growing user base of 4 million people from 101 countries
Apply now to maximize your talents and make a real impact! Send your CV to [email protected] and we will get back to you.