Location: Ho Chi Minh
1. CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning & Execution: Working with design, product management, feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will ensure clarity of the team’s goals, work with stakeholders and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure ownership of these goals in the team, build long term and short term plans and communicate to all key partners
- Communication & Leadership: Facilitate and ensure great communication between disciplines, teams and individuals, both written, verbal and visual. This includes transparent progress, status and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production delivery metrics. You will be adept at keeping everyone in sync with plans, and changes to the plans as they happen. Provide clarity of vision and direction to individuals and teams and ensure clear ownership of problem-solving and feature development
- Release Management: Ensure high-quality releases, working with QA, Development, Design, Product, and other teams to ensure our internal and external releases are well defined, clearly communicated, high quality and meet all requirements
- Process Improvement: Craft the right process for the right teams and problems. Constantly integrate on these solutions through team retrospectives and feedback to find the best way for delivering the updates effectively and thoroughly through all stages from Concept Prototype to Live
2. ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Experience of project status and risk reporting including executive-level project reporting
- Create documentation to track projects against, including Project GDD, QA GDF items, SDK testing tutorials, device coverage matrices, and new feature spec breakdowns.
- Setup and own projects in the JIRA bug database, including participating in Sprint Planning, setting up dashboards, communicating issues to partners, and sending regular status reports to both project and executive team members.
- Setup projects and approve testing plans and new test cases
- Be responsible for GDF gate sign-offs on behalf of QA and own the Release Criteria process for the entire team.
- Manage test accounts across HockeyApp, Facebook, Google Play, and Testflight Beta as well as others.
- Manage internal or remote and external functional QA testing teams and their output.
- Support and train the external development QA testing teams and their output to interact seamlessly with the other functional QA vendors.
- Run project retrospectives and inform team members on new action items.
- Manage your projects listing in iTunes Connect, the Google Play Developer Console and other submission tools including the input of IAPs
- Manage the tracking and distribution of submission specific information for your project to ensure that Production, Marketing, Deployment, and Account teams are aligned on the specifications of each version release
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
- Passion for mobile and experience working in mobile / agile / scrum environments
- 1-2 years of managerial experience in a functionality QA PM or Manager function that encompasses iOS and Android projects.
- Minimum 4 years of experience.
- Proven ability to manage a test team both internally and remotely.
- Solutions oriented problem solver, someone that can be as critical with the processes the team is using as you are with the bug your team has written
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of project management, software development methodologies
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally.
- Proactively identify risks, changes needed and execute solutions, with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Proficient with setting up and navigating through JIRA, Confluence, Google Docs, Google Sheets/Excel, and a build distribution management system
- Familiarity with the Google Play Developer Console, iTunes Connect, Amazon Developer
- Console, and other 1st party submission tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Salary and Benefit:
- Competitive compensation
- Fun energetic team; international & collaborative culture
- Stock options
- Opportunities to grow professionally and play a critical role to shape the next stage of the company’s growth
- Experience the true spirit of a fast growing and well funded Silicon Valley startup
How to apply:
Apply now to maximize your talents and make a real impact!
Send your CV and a short introduction on why you want to join ELSA to [email protected]
About the Company:
ELSA is a San Francisco-based startup founded in 2015. It debuted at SXSW in March 2016, where it won the SXSWedu launch competition. ELSA is an A.I.-assisted language learning platform that teaches people how to speak English. We now have 13 million users from 101
countries. In Feb 2019, Gradient Ventures – Google’s AI fund became ELSA’s strategic investor in Series A funding.
Vietnam is a key market with more than 5 million users and will continue growing exponentially. We have built out our track records with high calibre teams:
- “The Best Digital Learning App” at Reimagine Education 2016
- The 2016 winner of the world’s largest startup competition SXSWEdu Launch
- Recently invested by Google AI’s fund
- Recognized as Top 5 Best Artificial Intelligence Apps (by Research Sniper)
- Companies Using AI To Transform The World (by Forbes).
- Top 10 apps by consumer spending in Vietnam in 2020
Join ELSA to grow globally, and work with an A Team to transform the world.