Sr. Product Designer/ UX Designer
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Sr. UX Designer for all our web, android, and iOS platforms who are paving the way to create a more user-centered design. Our team thrives on collaborating across teams, and digging in to fully understand the context of any problem. We value ideas and feedback from everyone.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing product used by millions of users across the globe. You will be important not just to the UX team, but to the company as a whole. As a Senior UX designer, you will work on enhancing our product UX/UI through individual products, as well as mentor and guide to our growing UX/UI team.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with products. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering and QA to ensure that teams produce highly usable/valuable/feasible products aligned with user needs and perceptions
- Communicate – Effectively write, illustrate, or diagram out your ideas. Get it down, get it out of your head, and tell your story.
- Collaborate with product owners to build upon their vision using sound UX principles and create Roadmaps for the complete product management solution.
- Set strategy, prioritize features, and share visual plans closely with PM, Engineers and head.
- Capture requirements and develop conceptual sketches, diagrams, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, and prototypes for ideation, testing and experimentation, design flows, testable prototypes.
- Convey the expected experience through supporting documentation, such as user stories, requirements, and functional annotations.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users through qualitative and quantitative research. Conducting and coordinating usability interviews to gather feedback and insights into customer needs
- Build strong effective relationships with functional and geographic teams to evangelize, influence and execute the strategy and vision.
Who you are:
- 4+ years professional experience in digital product design, mobile or web applications. Preferably experience in an ed-tech consumer app or gaming.
- Strong portfolio showing examples of complex design solutions highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept including (but not limited to): research, user flows, IA, and journey mapping through development ready hand-off files.
- Portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking and past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Demonstrable passion for designing exceptional user experiences. Thorough knowledge of design languages & interface guidelines for Apple, Android, and web platforms.
- Command of web design best-practices, common UI patterns and an ability to develop simple and elegant design solutions that solve complex design problems
- Experience working in an Agile environment. Professional skills on Jira, Confluence, Figma, adobe suits or similar tools. Highly organized, detail-oriented approach to handling multiple tasks.
- Experience leading market research and usability testing programs with the ability to incorporate the resulting feedback into the design process
- A high-level understanding of current relevant technologies and ability to quickly comprehend the fundamentals of new technologies and how those might influence requirements, design approach, and product innovation.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary according to seniority
- Flexible working hours
- Ample room to grow professionally, in a global environment
- Friendly work environment, no office politics
- Experience the true startup spirit of a fast growing and well-funded Silicon Valley startup
- Opportunity to work on a mission that can transform the lives of 1.5 Billion language learners around the world.
How to apply:
Send your CV to [email protected] as soon as possible. Apply now to maximize your talents and make a real impact
Want to work on the mission of helping 1.5 Billion English learners around the world?
Join ELSA, a Silicon Valley based fast-growing startup with the most powerful artificial intelligence technology that detects pronunciation accents. We’re on a mission to help people to speak English with confidence, and empower them to reach their potential.
Since launching in 2016, we grew organically to over 18 million users worldwide. Elsa has offices in Silicon Valley (USA), Lisbon (Portugal), and Saigon (Vietnam).
We have built out our track records with high calibre teams:
- “The Best Digital Learning App” at Reimagine Education 2016
- The 2016 winner of the world’s largest startup competition SXSWEdu Launch
- Recently invested by Google AI’s fund
- Recognized as Top 5 Best Artificial Intelligence Apps (by Research Sniper); and Top 4
- Companies Using AI To Transform The World (by Forbes)
- Proven mobile app product with a growing user base of 20 million people from 101 countries