Tổng hợp 100+ bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 [PDF + AUDIO]
Tổng hợp 100+ bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 thường gặp theo chủ đề trong đề thi thực tế. Các bài mẫu này được viết bởi các thầy cô giáo chuyên luyện thi IELTS với trình độ 8.0 – 8.5 Overall. Tham khảo ngay để có thể chinh phục được band điểm như mong muốn bạn nhé!
>> Xem thêm:
Kiểm tra phát âm với bài tập sau:
- Thi ielts là gì? Các thông tin bạn cần biết về IELTS
- Lộ trình học IELTS tại nhà từ 0 – 7.0 nhanh nhất cho người mới bắt đầu
- Tổng hợp các bài mẫu Ielts Speaking hay, giúp bạn ghi điểm dễ dàng
Tổng hợp các bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Speaking Part 2
Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 topic Describe a person
Describe a family member that you spend most time with
You should say:
- Who this person is
- What you like to do together
- When you usually spend time together
- And explain why you spend so much time with him/her
I am going to talk about my mom – a person I spend the most time with. Her name is Ngoc Diep, which can be literally translated into English as ‘Golden Leave’. Although she was already in her early sixties, she looked pretty much younger with a fine figure and, surprisingly, not a lot of wrinkles and grey hair to be found. She really knows how to dress smartly, and that was why my dad fell for her the very moment he laid his eyes on her when they were younger (laugh).
One of the things that most impressed me about her was the fact that she still remained perfectly exuberant and charismatic, which was quite rare for elderly people at her age. We do a lot of window-shopping every weekend, and every once in a while I and my mom go to the cinema for some musicals and romantic movies we both love.
As a young woman myself, I often confide in her whenever I have problems. Whether it be trivial matters at work or big life decisions, I always turn to her for advice. It is not an overstatement to say that without her, my life would be a huge mess.
- literally translated: dịch nguyên văn, dịch nghĩa đen
- in her early sixties: ở tuổi lục tuần (giai đoạn đầu)
- a fine figure: dáng đẹp
- wrinkle: nếp nhăn
- fall for: phải lòng
- lay one’s eyes on: để mắt, gặp ai
- exuberant: tràn đầy năng lượng
- charismatic: lôi cuốn
- window-shopping: đi shopping nhưng chỉ ngắm chứ không mua
- every once in a while: thỉnh thoảng
- confide in: tâm sự
- whether it be: dù là
- trivial: nhỏ nhặt
- turn to: nhờ ai đó giúp
Describe a person you admire
You should say:
– Who the person is
– What he or she is like
– And why you admire him or her
I’d like to talk about one of my role models when I was a teen. That was J. K. Rowling, the great novelist who wrote ‘Harry Potter’. Actually, I got to know about her after I watched the film ‘Harry Potter’.
Finding the film so exciting, I decided to go to the bookstore near my home together with my mom to buy the book and I also searched for more information about the author on the internet. It turned out that J. K. Rowling was kinda a poor and unknown British woman prior to her success with ‘Harry Potter’, but this book, along with the movie, made her an internationally famous writer and billionaire.
Back then I was a little girl keen on reading comics or story books, especially those with fantasy stories, so J. K. Rowling immediately became somebody I looked up to and really wanted to be similar to, cuz I also dreamed of creating a masterpiece and becoming a billionaire. It was funny, huh? Now that I’ve grown up, I’ve become more realistic and I’m actually planning to find a job as a fashion designer. However, my teenage dream remains so sweet that one day I may change my mind again. Who knows?
- Role model: tấm gương / thần tượng cho ai noi theo
- Novelist: tiểu thuyết gia
- Unknown (adj.): vô danh
- Prior to: trước
- To look up to: ngưỡng mộ
- Masterpiece: kiệt tác
- Realistic (adj.): thực tế
- Fashion designer: người thiết kế thời trang
Describe a famous person that you like
You should say:
– Who the person is
– Why he is famous
– What makes you mention specifically him/her
Today I would like to describe a person who does very well at work, and that is no other than Ms. My Tam, a very famous singer in Vietnam. Of all the celebrities, My Tam has always been a beacon of light not just for her fame but also for her great passion for the work that she has committed to.
The first time got to know My Tam was, like, 10 years ago when I came across her albums in a music store near my house. Her smoldering eye makeup and iconic hairstyle instantly got into my heart, and you know what’s better than that? her amazing mezzo-soprano voice. I instantly got hooked on her voice upon hearing it played in the music store.
Besides her angelic voice, My Tam is also known for her dedication to her work. She once told the press that she loves her job, and she said that she was willing to be a singer for the rest of her life without getting married, which was quite a statement and made the headline for weeks to come at that particular time. Well you know, I always look up to any well-known public figures who were able to devote all aspects of their lives to their line of work.
My Tam struck at people’s heartcore by delivering down-to-earth music that inspired thousands of audiences regardless of ages, genders, or social status, she was also known for her tireless charity work. She was such a busy-bee that sometimes she did not care about herself. At one time, she dropped everything to sing live in the concert held by the disadvantaged and donated a huge sum of money for them. She is, by all means, the greatest woman that I have ever seen.
- A beacon of light (n.p): ngọn hải đăng
- Come across: tình cờ thấy
- Smoldering (adj): chảy bỏng, nồng nàn
- Get hooked on: bị nghiện
- Mezzo-soprano (n): giọng nữ trung
- dedication (n) sự tận tụy
- Make the headline (idiom): trở thành tiêu đề nóng
- Public figure (n): người của công chúng
- Struck at people’s heartcore: lay động con timmọi người
- Down -to -earth (adj): gần gũi
- Busy-bee (n): người bận rộn, chăm chỉ
Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 topic Describe a place/ building
Describe a modern building
You should say:
– Where is it
– How does it look like
– Used for what
– Why do you like/hate the building
Since you’ve asked me about a modern building, I’d love to share with you about one of the most symbolic towers in Vietnam, Lotte Tower.
As far as I am concerned, this construction is by far the second highest tower in Hanoi, with 65 floors in total. What sets it apart from the others is probably its one-of-a-kind design. Inspired by Vietnamese traditional costume, Lotte Tower has a shape that pretty much resembles the curves of ao dai, which makes it unmistakable in a city full of skyscrapers like Hanoi.
Situated in the central business district of Hanoi, this is such a perfect location for numerous services. In fact, Lotte has been utilized for a wide range of purposes. A lot of big corporations, especially multinational companies have located their headquarters and representative offices there, so you can easily notice a stream of businessmen and businesswomen moving around Lotte on a daily basis.
Moreover, there is also a shopping mall that displays high–quality merchandise from countless nationally and internationally renowned brands. I must say that, whenever I come across the area, any product for sale here is such a feast for the eyes. Besides, this building is definitely a place for entertainment. Most notably, there is an observation deck located on the 65th floor. It provides us with a panoramic view of the city with a stunning skyline, helping us capture all the beauties of Hanoi into our eyesight.
I could give you, like, tons of reasons why I adore this magnificent building. To begin with, it is such a convenient location for me to shop on weekends. As it is just about one kilometer away from my house, I can get there in a few minutes, and then go on a shopping spree. This is also my favorite spot to escape from daily struggles.
Whenever I feel drained, I feel like riding the elevator to the observation deck to enjoy stunning, unrestricted views of the capital, which would make me feel mentally better. To conclude, Lotte Tower will always hold a special place in my heart, thanks to the benefits it brings to me.
- Symbolic (a) mang tính biểu tượng
- As far as I am concerned (phrase) theo như tôi được biết
- Set somebody/something apart (phrase): làm ai đó/cái gì đó nổi bật hơn đối tượng khác
- One-of-a-kind (a) độc nhất vô nhị
- Unmistakable (a) không lẫn vào đâu được
- On a daily basis (phrase) hàng ngày
- A feast for the eyes (phrase) rất hấp dẫn, thỏa mãn thị giác
- Panoramic (a) mang tính toàn cảnh
- Go on a shopping spree (phrase) mua sắm thả ga.
Describe a place full of colours
You should say:
– What it is
– Where it is
– How it looks like
– Explain why you remember it well
When thinking about a place full of colours, I can’t help but visualize the vivid painting of of the Phung Hung Mural Lane which, as much as I know, is a joint project by the Hoan Kiem District People’s Committee, the KOREA Foundation and The United Nations in Vietnam. The project aims to recreate photos of Hanoi people living in the past time, in the post-colonial era.
I think the murals have lived up to people’s expectations. When you look at these nostalgic paintings of the bygone era by these archwalls, against a modern setting, creating such a wonderful juxtaposition. I think this corner isn’t just perfect for the youth to take a photo or selfie, but It’s also a wonderful place for people of our father and grandfather generations, people who actually lived in this era. It’s a great moment for them to relive their youth at the time living in these old houses and travelling in these trams. I think it’s a wonderful place for people from all age groups.
And you know what, I think the vividness of this place isn’t just reflected by the mural paintings but also by the hanging lanterns and the botanical plants alongside the street. When I think of the Tet holiday spirit, I immediately think of flowers, they just add an incredible boost of vibrancy to the atmosphere. And the lanterns, they might look a bit pale but trust me, they do come to life by the night time. It’s really wonderful for photos.
It’s a really children-friendly place, for sure. It will be a great childhood memory for them in the way that they think back 10 or 20 years. It will be a great memory.
- mural (n): bích họa
- mural lane (n) phố bích họa
- relive (v): hồi tưởng
- vividness (n): sự sống động
- to live up to one’s expectations: đáp ứng được kỳ vọng
- children-friendly (adj): thân thiện với trẻ em
- to gain exposure: được biết đến rộng rãi
- juxtaposition (n): sự tương phản
- to come to life: trở nên sống động
- boost of vibrancy (n): sự tăng thêm phần rực rỡ
Describe a quiet place you like to go to
You should say:
– When would you like to go there?
– Where is it?
– What do you usually do there?
– How quiet is that place?
– Why do you like to visit there?
Frankly speaking, I am an introverted girl, so in general, spaces with tranquillity enchant me the most. However, living in a bustling city like Hanoi with almost every corner full of chaos and motorbike horns barely give me any chance to immerse myself in such an enjoyable feeling of quietness.
So, today, I would like to tell you about one unique place with perfect peace and quiet that I always wish to come, especially whenever my life throws me a curveball and push me to be in the depths of despair. It’s my dad’s well-manicured flower garden in my peaceful provincial hometown. To be honest, my dad is a dedicated florist. So, since I was a little girl, I spent most of my time helping my parents with small gardening tasks like seeding, getting rid of weeds, and trimming undesired stems for chrysanthemums.
Because the garden is right in the middle of an immense paddy field, most of the time – you can just hear the sounds of breezes gently blowing through rice leaves, birds chirping on the tops of some far big banian trees, and frogs croaking when the evening falls. During springs when Tet is approaching, my dad’s garden would be packed with colorful flowers blossoming gorgeously such as white and lacy heath-bells, elegant saturated red dahlia, and yellow mellow chrysanthemums waving in the wind. I’m always enraptured by this glorious moment.
Unfortunately, now the garden is shrinking down with more perennial fruit trees, in replacement for delicate blossoms as providentially, my brother, sister and I have been mature enough and settled down with our stable jobs. So, my dad no longer has to shoulder a heavy financial burden like before. However, whenever I return to my hometown and contemplate the current lush green garden, all of my idyllic childhood memory is still just conjured up vividly and vigorously. Therefore, the garden until now is my most cherished place, which helps me remain aware of my true self, my deep root. In the future, no matter where I live, who I become, deep down inside, I am still a humble countryside girl with lots of ambition and passion for life.
- frankly speaking (phrase) thật ra mà nói
- tranquillity (n) sự yên bình
- enchant (v) làm thu hút
- bustling (adj) xô bồ
- give someone a chance: cho ai cơ hội
- immerse oneself in something/doing something: miệt mài làm cái gì
- throw you a curveball (phrase) (nghĩa bóng) khi phải đối mặt một tình huống khó khăn bất chợt đến trong cuộc sống
- well-manicured (adj) được chăm sóc kỹ lưỡng
- be enraptured by: bị mê hoặc bởi
- in replacement for: thay cho
- shoulder a burden: gánh vác
- conjure up (v) làm sống lại
- vividly and vigorously (adv) sống động và rực rỡ
- be aware of: ý thức được, nhận thức được
- deep down inside (phrase) từ sâu thẳm, từ sâu trong đáy lòng.
Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 topic Describe an event
Describe an important event that you celebrated
You should say:
– What it was
– Where it happened
– Why it was important
– How people felt about it
It happened 2 years ago. If my memories serves me right, I was a sophomore at the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam. My friends asked me to accompany them to the neighborhood of the expat community living in Hanoi to celebrate the so called Halloween day. To be honest, I was not quite much into western culture and festivals, but I still nodded to please them.
So as a tradition of Halloween as we know it, we put on costumes and makeup to look like characters on the screen or in horror novels. I’m a big fan of DC comics, so I made myself look like The Flash, the fastest man alive, while my friends disguised themselves as Thanos and John Wicks, the top one hitman on the screen.
At the time, my friends and I were already too old for trick or treat, so we wandered around the neighborhood trying to scare the little kids, which I found a bit childish. Well, I guess there was nothing better to do then. Suddenly there was a blackout. I thought it was a set up of the event organisers but it turned out differently. When the light came back, a girl appeared out of nowhere, riding a broomstick and holding a magic wand. She was more beautiful than Hermione on Harry Potter series herself. We broke the ice and she became one of my besties until now.
And so that was the last time that I celebrated Halloween. I think I’m too old for that. But if it hadn’t been for that event, I would not have got myself another close friend of mine. So I’m grateful for it.
- If my memories serves me right (phrase) nếu tôi nhớ không nhầm
- expat community (n) expat – viết tắt của expatriate (n) người nước ngoài đến sống ở quốc gia khác
- so called (adj) (cái được) gọi là
- to be into sth: quan tâm, thích cái gì
- on the screen: trên màn ảnh
- to disguise: hóa trang
- to wander around: đi dạo quanh
- childish (adj) trẻ con (tiêu cực) >< childlike (adj) trẻ con, trong sáng, hồn nhiên (tích cực)
- blackout (n) mất điện
- to break the ice (idiom) phá vỡ sự ngượng ngùng
Describe a historical event in your country
You should say:
– When the event took place
– How you learnt about this era
– What happened
– Why you find it interesting
So this question is really giving me a hard time. I actually don’t know the first thing about history, kind of embarrassing to admit this. Of course, I took History when I was in school but most of that stuffs kind of went over my head. So this question is really difficult for me.
Having said that, I guess I could tell you about a historical era or more correctly an event that everybody is supposed to know about, it is the Independence day of VN. This event took place on September 2nd 1945. And of course, I learned about this event extensively when I was in school, given it was important. However, it has been a while, so my recollection of what my teacher taught me may not be very accurate, so bear with me here.
So basically before Independence day, VN was under the oppression of the French colonial empire. But after this Independence day, VN managed to break the shackles of colonization and then became a sovereign country. I think this event is kind of usher in an era of economic prosperity, and everybody’s lives became dramatically better. So I guess I’m not that interested in history or this event as I was saying, but I think I should be. I think it would give me an appreciation for our nation and our heritage, our heart, our forefathers.
- Independence Day (n) Ngày lễ độc lập
- to be under the oppression of : chịu sự áp bức của
- colonial empire: đế chế đô hộ
- to break the shackle: phá tan xiềng xích
- colonization (n) sự xâm lược
- sovereign (adj) (quốc gia) độc lập, có chủ quyền
- to usher in: định hướng, dẫn dắt, bắt đầu
- give someone a hard time: khiến ai gặp khó khăn
- to go over one’s head: (cái gì) lướt qua trí não ai (không thể nhớ được)
- recollection (n) sự hồi tưởng, kí ức
- economic prosperity: sự phát triển/thịnh vượng của nền kinh tế
- to give an appreciation for: khiến ai trân trọng
Describe a time when you helped a friend
You should say:
– When it was
– How you helped him/her
– Why you helped him/her
– And how you felt about it
Well, I’d like to think of myself as a kind-hearted person so I’ve always tried to help my friends and my family whenever I get the chance. The most recent time I gave someone a hand was actually a couple of weeks ago when I helped my friend prepare for his English exam.
My friend and I go way back. In fact, we got on like a house on fire when we first met and he has helped me a zillion times. So at the time, I didn’t mind returning the favor when he asked for my help. Now you gotta know that English has never been his strong suit since he goofed off at school and cut class way too often.
When his English exam was approaching, he started to feel anxious and turned to me for help. Needless to say, I was no less frantic than him ‘cause I didn’t know where to start. I mean, he seriously lacked the vocabulary and his grammar was nothing short of disastrous. He couldn’t produce a long enough sentence without making mistakes. So what I did was to calmly walk him through all the basic grammar points and bone up on the most needed vocabulary. On top of that, we practised speaking entirely in English before the exam.
Thank God he wasn’t as helpless as I thought he was, I mean, pretty much what our teacher taught him was like water off a duck’s back. But when he told me the result he’d got, I was astonished because it was much higher than we expected. It’s still imprinted in my mind his big smile at the time, you know, he was suffused with happiness. As for me, not only was I super elated but also relieved ‘cause I could finally get rid of him, at least for a while.
- kind-hearted (adj) tốt bụng
- give someone a hand (v) giúp đỡ ai
- go way back (idiom) biết nhau từ lâu lắm rồi
- got on like a house on fire (idiom) hợp cạ lắm luôn
- return the favor (idiom) trả ơn
- strong suit (n) thế mạnh sở trường
- goof off (idiom) chểnh mảng, làm lãng phí thời gian
- cut class (idiom) cúp học
- nothing short of (idiom) rất, thật sự, không khác gì
- frantic (adj) hoảng loạn, nháo nhào
- anxious (adj) lo lắng
- walk someone through smt (idiom) dẫn dắt, dạy cho ai biết cái gì
- bone up on (idiom) học gấp, nhồi nhét cái gì đó
- water off a duck’s back (idiom) nước chảy đầu vịt
- astonished (adj) sửng sốt, ngạc nhiên
- suffuse (v) ngập tràn
- elated (adj) vui sướng
Bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 topic Describe an object
Describe something you did that made you feel proud of yourself
You should say:
– what you did
– when you did it
– why you felt proud of what you had done
– and explain how you felt when this happened.
One of my proudest achievements was completing my undergraduate degree at the university of ….. (name). The key moment that I remember was when I received my final exam results; I was delighted to have passed with better scores than I expected.
I graduated from university in …… (year). As far as I recall, we received our final exam results in May and the graduation ceremony was in July. Our exam scores for individual course modules were posted on the noticeboard in the corridor of the university department, and I remember getting into the lift in the department one morning, knowing that I would soon see my results.
The particular moment when I really felt overjoyed and proud of what I had achieved was when I saw my exam results on the department noticeboard. This was the precise point in time when I realised that I had passed and that my hard work had paid off. I was proud because I had overcome some setbacks earlier in the course, and I had proved to myself that I could achieve my goals.
As I approached the department noticeboard I felt really nervous but also excited; I knew that the moment of truth was just seconds away. And when I saw my final exam results I was surprised, thrilled, and relieved all at the same time. I didn’t shout out with joy, but I think I probably clenched my fist and said “yes” to myself. I certainly remember walking back down the corridor with a spring in my step, feeling elated and knowing that four years of study were finally over.
- Proudest achievements: thành tích tự hào nhất
- Undergraduate degree: bằng đại học
- The key moment: khoảnh khắc then chốt
- Final exam results: kết quả thi cuối khóa
- Delighted: vui mừng
- The graduation ceremony: lễ tốt nghiệp
- Posted on the noticeboard: đăng trên bảng thông báo
- Getting into the lift: đi vào thang máy
- Felt overjoyed: cảm thấy rất vui mừng
- The precise point in time: thời điểm chính xác
- Hard work had paid off: nỗ lực được trả công
- Overcome some setbacks: vượt qua một số trở ngại
- Proved to myself that: chứng minh với tôi rằng
- The moment of truth: khoảnh khắc của sự thật
- Just seconds away: cách đó vài giây
- Shout out with joy: hét lên với niềm vui
- Clenched my fist: nắm chặt tay tôi
- Walking back down the corridor with a spring in my step: đi bộ xuống hành lang với niềm vui trong bước chân của tôi
- Feeling elated: cảm thấy vui mừng.
Describe a wild animal
You should say:
– what it looks like
– what it likes to eat or do
– where it lives
– explain why you like this animal.
Today I’m going to tell you about my favourite wild animal. I’m a bit of a nature geek, so naturally, I am quite fascinated with animals. One of my favourites is the lion.
It’s a mammal, which means the females give birth to cubs, rather than laying eggs. It’s known for being a ferocious predator. It hunts on smaller animals like deer or antelopes. Lion is generally yellow or orange in colour. Its distinguishing feature is the mane, the thick fur around the neck of male lions. This trait is virtually absent in female ones.
You can be expected to find lions at a number of places. For example, in the wild, like the savanna in Africa. They can also be found in zoos, but those are the tamed kinds. Lions are carnivores, so they feed primarily on meat. I would imagine they are not a fan of greens. They are predators, so I suppose the bulk of their daily activities is hunting. I don’t know much else apart from these things.
My love for the lion was fostered when I watched the Lion King as a child. It was a critically acclaimed animated movie by Disney, and definitely one of my perennial favourites.
- noun + geek: người yêu thích một lĩnh vực nào đó
- mammal (n) động vật có vú
- cub (n) con thú con (như sư tử con, hổ con, sói con,…)
- to lay: đẻ (trứng)
- ferocious (adj) hung dữ, dã man
- predator (n) kẻ săn mồi
- distinguishing (adj) phân biệt rõ
- trait (n) đặc điểm
- tamed (adj) thuần hóa
- carnivore (n) động vật ăn thịt
- to feed on (=eat)
- critically acclaimed: được các nhà phê bình tán thưởng
- perennial favorite (phrase): thứ luôn luôn được yêu thích.
Describe an important plant in your country
You should say:
– What it is
– What it looks like
– Where and how it is grown/Where it is found
– Why you like or dislike it
– And explain why it is important
Vietnam is in no short supply of beautiful, unique-looking trees and what I’m going to tell you about today is the cherry blossom tree.
So as you can see Tet is around the corner and preparation is in full swings, which means the cherry blossom is ubiquitous. When it comes to the ultimate plant, it’s the cherry blossom, the undisputed king is the cherry blossom. It reigns supreme.
The popular English translation for ‘Cay Dao’ is obviously cherry blossom, but the variety commonly found in Vietnam. I think, is actually more akin to peach blossom. Cherry blossoms, on the other hand, are more common in Japan. The biggest difference between cherry blossom and peach blossom is that, our peach blossom in Vietnam, the blossom’s size is usually smaller. And another thing is that the shade range of peach blossom Vietnam is much more diverse compared to Sakura in Japan.
I mean in Vietnam, we have peach blossoms that are light in pink and then there are those that are blushier. However, Japan Sakura blossoms are usually very pale in color, and some of them are even straight-up white. So you know, regardless of biologic or should I say botanical correctness, one thing’s for sure. All cherry blossom trees are undeniably beautiful.
Besides the flowers, another key component that is fastidiously inspected by seasoned buyers of cherry blossom is the buds. The ones with lots of buds go for a pretty penny, especially given how hot the weather has become and that has caused cherry blossom to blossom prematurely. The abundance of buds ensures that the owner gets to enjoy his purchase.
Well into the holiday., the blossoming of the cherry blossom tree, or more precisely the peach blossom tree, coincides with the first days of spring. So in that sense, the tree kind of represents the start of something new, something exciting. So if you want to liven up your living room or your house this coming holiday season, getting a cherry blossom tree is the way to go.
- in no short supply of (phrase): không thiếu gì
- in full swing (phrase): đang ở đỉnh cao
- ubiquitous (adj) có mặt ở khắp nơi
- undisputed king (nghĩa bóng) vật, người được khắp mọi nơi công nhật
- akin to (phrase) liên quan đến, gần với
- shade range: sự đa dạng của sắc
- diverse (adj) đa dạng
- blushy (adj) phớt hồng
- pale (adj) nhạt, nhẹ
- straight-up white: trắng tinh
- botanical correctness: sự chính xác về mặt thực vật học
- undeniably beautiful.: đẹp không có gì bàn cãi
- key component: thành tố quan trọng
- fastidiously (adv) một cách tỉ mẩn
- seasoned buyer (n) những người mua theo mùa
- bud (n) nụ, chồi, lộc
- to go for a pretty penny: (bán) được giá
- prematurely (adv) (cái gì) được làm, xảy ra một cách sớm hơn dự kiến
- the abundance of something: sự nhiều, sự vô số của cái gì
- to coincide with: tương đương với, đi kèm với
- to liven up: làm sống động
- the way to go: (nghĩa bóng) lựa chọn phù hợp, lựa chọn chính xác.
Một số lầm tưởng nhiều người thường mắc phải khi thi IELTS Speaking Part 2
Mặc định Speaking là phần thi dễ nhất trong bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 2
Giám khảo thường tỏ ra thân thiện để giúp các bạn thoải mái hơn trong quá trình thi. Tuy nhiên, dù thân thiện cách mấy thì giám khảo cũng phải tuân theo các quy tắc rất nghiêm ngặt.
Tất cả các bạn sẽ được đối xử như nhau nhằm đảm bảo sự công bằng. Họ sẽ đánh giá mọi thí sinh dựa trên cùng một bộ tiêu chí.
Do đó, cả bốn kỹ năng Nghe – Nói – Đọc – Viết đều có những tiêu chuẩn đánh giá và độ khó tương đương nhau. Việc đánh giá phần thi nào dễ hơn còn tùy thuộc vào khả năng ngoại ngữ của bạn.
Giọng phát âm càng giống người bản xứ thì điểm IELTS Speaking Part 2 càng cao
Đây là một sự lầm tưởng mà đa số mọi người đều gặp phải. Thực tế, giám khảo sẽ đánh giá bạn dựa trên phát âm trong bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 2. Do đó bạn không cần phải có giọng giống người bản ngữ.
Để có phát âm tốt, trong quá trình học từ mới, bạn hãy nghe cách người bản ngữ phát âm. Hiện nay, các từ điển trực tuyến thường có tính năng này. Bạn có thể nhấn vào biểu tượng cái loa nhỏ để nghe cách phát âm chính xác của từ vựng đó và đọc nhại theo.
Chỉ cần giỏi ngữ pháp là điểm thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 sẽ cao
Ngữ pháp chỉ là một trong số bốn tiêu chí để đánh giá điểm cho bạn trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Ngoài ngữ pháp, bài thi của bạn còn cần đến: vốn từ vựng IELTS, sự trôi chảy và mạch lạc và cách phát âm. Tất cả những tiêu chí này đều tầm quan trọng như nhau.
Vì vậy, nếu bạn muốn có điểm cao tổng thể, bạn không chỉ cần giỏi mỗi ngữ pháp. Bạn cũng cần chứng minh mình có phạm vi từ vựng rộng. Nếu bạn có thể sử dụng nhiều từ vựng đa dạng để diễn đạt chính xác những gì muốn nói, bạn sẽ đạt điểm cao ở tiêu chí này.
Bên cạnh đó, bạn cũng cần đạt điểm số cao trong tiêu chí phát âm. Điều này phụ thuộc vào khả năng phát âm chính xác, cách sử dụng ngữ điệu, nhấn trọng âm của từ một cách thích hợp.
Cuối cùng, bạn phải diễn đạt sao cho mạch lạc. Yếu tố này đồng nghĩa với việc bạn phải có khả năng nói mà không cần đắn đo quá nhiều và có thể kết nối các ý tưởng một cách logic.
Nếu không trả lời được câu hỏi của giám khảo thì điểm sẽ thấp
Đây là một nhận định chưa chính xác về bài thi IELTS Speaking. Bởi giám khảo sẽ quan tâm đến cách nói hơn là những gì bạn nói.
Hãy nhớ rằng, không có câu trả lời đúng hay sai. Ví dụ, nếu được hỏi “Làm thế nào để thanh thiếu niên vui chơi ở đất nước của bạn?” và bạn không biết phải nói gì, bạn có thể giải thích tại sao bạn không biết.
Bạn có thể nói: “I’m not sure I can answer the question accurately, as I’m not a teenager anymore, but I could tell you about how I used to have fun when I was teenager. I expect this has changed a lot because…”
Điều này sẽ chứng tỏ với giám khảo rằng bạn có thể nói và phát triển câu trả lời của mình. Ngay cả khi được hỏi vấn đề mà bạn chưa được chuẩn bị.
Bài viết trên đã chia sẻ những bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 2 theo từng chủ đề để bạn thuận tiện tham khảo trong quá trình ôn luyện. Các bạn thí sinh nên chú ý luyện phát âm và nói tiếng Anh thường xuyên để nâng cao kỹ năng Nói của mình. Bạn cũng có thể học IELTS cùng ELSA Speak để được kiểm tra năng lực đầu vào vào thiết kế lộ trình ôn luyện phù hợp nhé.