Speaking IELTS có mấy phần? Cấu trúc đề thi Speaking IELTS mới nhất
Nắm vững cấu trúc đề thi Speaking IELTS và tiêu chí chấm điểm là một trong những yếu tố quan trọng, giúp bạn có sự chuẩn bị tốt nhất để đạt band 8.0 phần thi nói. Vậy Speaking IELTS có mấy phần? Bí quyết để đạt điểm cao cho từng phần là gì? Tham khảo chi tiết trong bài viết sau!
Speaking IELTS có mấy phần?
Một bài thi Speaking IELTS cơ bản sẽ diễn ra trong vòng 11-15 phút, thí sinh sẽ được trò chuyện trực tiếp với giám khảo để thể hiện khả năng phát âm, sử dụng từ vựng và ngữ pháp. Phần thi nói IELTS được chia làm 3 phần gồm:
Kiểm tra phát âm với bài tập sau:
- Phần 1: Thí sinh sẽ được hỏi các câu liên quan đến bản thân như tên, tuổi, quê quán, sở thích… trong thời gian khoảng 4-5 phút.
- Phần 2: Bạn sẽ nhận được một chủ đề kèm theo giấy và bút, thời gian chuẩn bị trong vòng 1 phút. Tiếp theo, bạn sẽ có tối đa 2 phút để trình bày về chủ đề đó.
- Phần 3: Giám khảo sẽ đưa ra các câu hỏi liên quan đến phần 2 để bạn trả lời, thời gian khoảng 4-5 phút.
Ở bài thi Speaking IELTS, giám khảo sẽ chấm điểm dựa trên 4 tiêu chí: khả năng sử dụng cấu trúc câu đa dạng và chính xác, phát âm, từ vựng, độ trôi chảy và mạch lạc. Những tiêu chí này được quy định rất rõ ràng, chi tiết tương ứng với từng band điểm. Bạn có thể tham khảo để đặt ra mục tiêu ôn luyện phù hợp cho mình.
Cấu trúc Speaking IELTS: Part 1
Cấu trúc chung
Ở Part 1, bạn sẽ được hỏi những câu liên quan đến bản thân như tên tuổi, sở thích… Phần này sẽ được chia thành 3 phần nhỏ hơn gồm:
- Sub-section 1: Các câu hỏi về tên tuổi, quốc tịch…
- Sub-section 2: Những câu hỏi về bản thân, gia đình, công việc…
- Sub-section 3: Các câu hỏi liên quan đến sở thích.
Đây là những câu hỏi không quá khó và dễ lấy điểm, do đó bạn nên cố gắng trả lời thật trôi chảy để tạo ấn tượng tốt với giám khảo.
Tổng hợp 60 đề thi Speaking IELTS Part 1 thường gặp
|Chủ đề||Câu hỏi|
|Hometown||– Where is your hometown?|
– What was it like growing up there?
– Has it changed much since you were a child?
– What do you like most about living there?
– What kinds of things can visitors to your hometown go and see?
– Do you think you will live there when you are older?
|Friends||– Do you have many friends? [Why/Why not?]|
– How often do you go out with friends? [Why/Why not?]
– Tell me about your best friend at school.
– How friendly are you with your neighbors? [Why/Why not?]
– Which is more important to you, friends or family? [Why?]
|Names||– Did your parents choose your name(s)?|
– How did your parents choose your name(s)?
– Does your name have any special meaning?
– Is your name common or unusual in your country?
– If you could change your name, would you? [Why/Why not?]
|Food and cooking||– What sorts of food do you like eating most? [Why?]|
– Who normally does the cooking in your home?
– Do you watch cookery programmes on TV? [Why/Why not?]
– In general, do you prefer eating out or eating at home? [Why?]
|Photographs||– What type of photos do you like taking? [Why/Why not?]|
– What do you do with the photos you take?
– When you visit other places, do you take photos or buy postcards? [Why/Why not?]
– Do you like people taking photos of you? [Why/Why not?]
|Bicycles||– How popular are bicycles in your hometown? [Why?]|
– How often do you ride a bicycle? [Why/Why not?]
– Do you think that bicycles are suitable for all ages? [Why/Why not?]
– What are the advantages of a bicycle compared to a car? [Why?]
|Games||– Do you play any games? [Why/Why not?]|
– How do people learn to play games in your country?
– How do people learn to play games in your country?
|Telephoning||– How often do you make telephone calls? [Why/Why not?]|
– Who do you spend the most time talking to on the telephone? [Why?]
– When do you think you’ll next make a telephone call? [Why?]
– Do you sometimes prefer to send a text message instead of telephoning? [Why/Why not?]
|Your friends||– Do you prefer to have one particular friend or a group of friends? [Why?]|
– What do you like doing most with your friends?
– Do you think it’s important to keep in contact with friends you knew as a child? [Why/Why not?]
– What makes a friend into a good friend?
|Musical instruments||– Which instrument do you like listening to most? [Why?]|
– Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument? [Which one?]
– Do you think children should learn to play a musical instrument at school? [Why/Why not?]
– How easy would it be to learn to play an instrument without a teacher? [Why?]
|Living place||– Where do you live?|
– What kind of place is it?
– What’s the most interesting part of your town/village?
– What kind of jobs do the people in your town/village do?
– Would you say it’s a good place to live? (why?)
|Accommodation||– Tell me about the kind of accommodation you live in?|
– How long have you lived there?
– What do you like about living there?
– What sort of accommodation would you most like to live in?
|Color||– What’s your favorite color? [Why?]|
– Do you like the same colors now as you did when you were younger? [Why/Why not?]
– What can you learn about a person from the colors they like?
– Do any colors have a special meaning in your culture?
|Flowers||– Do you like to have flowers in your home? [Why/Why not?]|
– Where would you go to buy flowers? [Why?]
– On what occasions would you give someone flowers?
– Are flowers important in your culture? [Why/Why not?]
|Neighbors||– How well do you know the people who live next door to you?|
– How often do you see them? [Why/Why not?]
– What kinds of problems do people sometimes have with their neighbors?
– How do you think neighbors can help each other?
|Your favorite place||– What place do you most like to visit? [Why?]|
– How often do you visit this place? [Why?]
– Why do you like it so much?
– Is it popular with many other people? [Why?]
– Has it changed very much since you first went there? [In what way?]
|Leisure||– Do you have any hobbies or interests? [What are they?]|
– How did you become interested in (whatever hobby/ interest the candidate mentions)?
– What is there to do in your free time in (candidate’s hometown/village)?
– How do you usually spend your holidays?
– Is there anywhere you would particularly like to visit? [Why?]
|Television||– How often do you watch television? [Why/Why not?]|
– Which television channel do you usually watch? [Why?]
– Do you enjoy the advertisements on television? [Why/Why not?]
– Do you think most programmes on television are good? [Why/Why not?]
|Entertainment||– Do you prefer relaxing at home or going out in the evening? [Why?]|
– When you go out for an evening, what do you like to do?
– How popular is this with other people in your country?
– Is there any kind of entertainment you do not like? [Why/Why not?]
|Newspapers and Magazines||– Which magazines and newspapers do you read? [Why?]|
– What kinds of articles are you most interested in? [Why?]
– Have you ever read a newspaper or magazine in a foreign language? [When/Why?]
– Do you think reading a newspaper or magazine in a foreign language is a good way to learn the language? [Why/Why not?]
|Laughing||– What kinds of things make you laugh?|
– Do you like making other people laugh? [Why/Why not?]
– Do you think it’s important for people to laugh? [Why/Why not?]
– Is laughing the same as feeling happy, do you think? [Why/Why not?]
|Makeup||– Do you often wear makeup?|
– What does wearing makeup mean to you?
– Do you give makeup as a gift?
– What do you think when you see a man wearing makeup?
|Daily Routine||– What would you like to change in your daily routine?|
– Are all your days the same?
– Tell me about your typical weekday and your typical weekend.
– What is the balance of work/study and free time in your normal day?
|Keeping in contact with people||– How do you usually contact your friends? [Why?]|
– Do you prefer to contact different people in different ways? [Why?]
– Do you find it easy to keep in contact with friends and family? [Why/Why not?]
– In your country, did people in the past keep in contact in the same ways as they do today? [Why/Why not?]
|Visitors||– What would you suggest a visitor should see and do in your country?|
– Are there any traditional arts or music you would recommend?
– Tell me about the kind of foreign visitors or tourists who go to your country.
– In what ways has tourism changed your country?
|Traveling||– How did you reach the examination center?|
– Do you like traveling?– How do you usually travel?
– What are the most common types of transportation run on the streets in your country?
– Which types of transportation do people in your country often use to move?
|Festivals||– Tell me about the most important festival in your country.|
– What special food and activities are connected with this festival?
– What do you most enjoy about it?
– Do you think festivals are important for a country? [Why?]
|Traffic where you live||– How do most people travel to work where you live?|
– What traffic problems are there in your area? [Why is that?]
– How do traffic problems affect you?– How would you reduce the traffic problems in your area?
|Family||– Do you have a large family or a small family?|
– Can you tell me something about them?
– How much time do you manage to spend with members of your family?
– What sorts of things do you like to do together?
– Do you get on well with your family? [Why?/why not]
|School||– Did you go to a secondary/high school near to where you lived? [Why/Why not?]|
– What did you like about your secondary/high school? [Why?]
– Tell me about anything you didn’t like at your school.
– How do you think your school could be improved? [Why/Why not?]
|Weekends||– How do you usually spend your weekends? [Why?]|
– Which is your favorite part of the weekend? [Why?]
– Do you think your weekends are long enough? [Why/Why not?]
– How important do you think it is to have free time on the weekends? [Why?]
|Music||– What types of music do you like to listen to? [Why?]|
– At what times of day do you like to listen to music? [Why?]
– Did you learn to play a musical instrument when you were a child? [Why/Why not?]
– Do you think all children should learn to play a musical instrument? [Why/Why not?]
|Dancing||– Do you enjoy dancing? [Why/Why not?]|
– Has anyone ever taught you to dance? [Why/Why not?]
– Tell me about any traditional dancing in your country.– Tell me about some popular dancing in your country?
– Do you think that traditional dancing will be popular in the future? [Why/Why not?]
|Job||– Are you working or studying?|
– How long have you been working for this company?
– What are your job responsibilities?
– What do you like about the work you do?
– What do you want to change or improve in it?
|Birthday celebration||– What is your date of birth?|
– When was the last time you celebrated your birthday?
– Describe a birthday party you have attended?
– Do you celebrate your family members’ birthday?
|Humor||– What types of programmes do you find funny on TV?|
– What types of programmes are most popular in your country? Why do you think this is the case?
– What kind of things make you laugh? Why?
– Do you like to make people laugh?
– Do you think it is important to have a sense of humor?
|Countryside||– Tell me about the countryside outside your town/city.|
– Would you like to live in the countryside or a metropolitan city in the future? [Why?]
– Why do some people move to a city from a rural area? Do you know someone who did so?
– Do you enjoy visiting large cities or small villages? [Why?]
|Timing||– Is being late acceptable in your culture?|
– Enter your text here…
– What type of excuses do you think are alright for lateness?
– How do you feel when someone is late for an appointment with you?
|Dreams||– Do you dream much at night?|
– Do you often remember your dreams?
– Do you think we can learn anything from dreams?
– Do people in your country talk about their dreams?
– Do you think that dreams can come true?
|Voices||– Do you like recording and hearing your (own) voice?|
– Do any members of your family have a similar voice (or, similar voices)?
– Has your voice ever changed? (When?)
|Walking||– Do you walk very much?|
– Do you walk more often now than (you did) in the past?
– Do you think people will be walking more in the future?
– What do you think are the benefits of walking?
|Picnics||– Do you like picnics?|
– How often do you go on picnics?
– When was the last time you went on a picnic?
|Clothes||– What color do you like to wear?|
– Do you people in your country like to wear bright colors?
– What are the differences between men and women’s preference in color?
– What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
– What kind of clothes do you never wear?
|Handwriting||– What impression does a person’s handwriting have on other people?|
– Can we tell someone’s personality from their Handwriting?
– Do you usually write by hand or write using a computer?
– Nowadays, how do most people write things?
– Do you often write with a pen?
|Sport||– Do you like sports?|
– Do most people in your country like sports?
– What sports do you like?
– What sports do people in your country like to play?
– What was your favorite sport when you were young?
|Recycling||– Can you name products or materials that are commonly recycled?|
– Why have people’s attitudes towards recycling changed over the last several years?
– Do you think recycling is important?
|Changes||– What do you plan to change next year?|
– Do you like changes?
– Are there any changes in your hometown?
– Have you changed a lot since your childhood?
|Furnitures||– Do you have a lot of furniture at home?|
– Have you ever received furniture as a gift?
– What’s your favorite furniture?
|Farm||– Do you think farming is important?|
– Have you ever visited a farm?
|Museum||– Do you like visiting museums and art galleries?|
– Do you often visit museums?
– When was the last time you visited a museum?
– What did you learn from visiting museums and art galleries?
– Do you think museums are useful for visitors to your hometown?
– Do you think museums are important?
|Rest||– How often do you take a rest?|
– Do you take a nap when you are taking your rest?
– How do you feel after taking a nap?
|Tree||– Do you like trees?|
– Would you like to live in a place that has lots of trees?
– Do you think places with trees attract more visitors than places with few trees?
– Do you like to go to a forest?
– Is there a forest near your hometown?
|Math||– Do you think mathematics is important?|
– Do you think it’s difficult to learn mathematics well?
– Are girls generally good at mathematics?
– Do you often use a calculator?
– When do you start to learn math?
|Work or study||– What work do you do?|
– What are your responsibilities?
– What technology do you use at work?
– Why did you choose to do that type of work (or that job)?
– Do you like your job?– What do you dislike about your job?
– Is it very interesting?– Do you miss being a student?
– Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
– Describe the company or organization you work for
|App||– What apps have you recently used?|
– What kinds of apps are you usually interested in?
– What was the first app you used?
– What kinds of apps would you like to use in the future?
|Getting lost||– Have you ever lost your way?|
– How can you find your way when you are lost?
– Can you read a map when you get lost?
– Have you ever helped someone who got lost?
|Shoes||– Do you like buying shoes? How often?|
– Have you ever bought shoes online?
– How much money do you usually spend on shoes?
|Headphones||– Do you use headphones?|
– What type of headphones do you use?
– When would you use headphones?
– In what conditions, you won’t use headphones?
|Relax||– What would you do to relax?|
– Do you think doing sports is a good way to relax?
– Do you think vacation is a good time to relax?
– Do you think students need more relaxing time?
Cấu trúc Speaking IELTS: Part 2
Cấu trúc chung
Trong Speaking IELTS Part 2, giám khảo sẽ đưa cho bạn một chủ đề gồm 3 – 4 câu hỏi gợi ý đi kèm. Bạn sẽ được cung cấp giấy bút để chuẩn bị trong vòng 1 phút. Sau đó, bạn sẽ độc thoại trong vòng 1 – 2 phút.
Đây là phần tương đối khó, do đó bạn hãy tận dụng tối đa thời gian chuẩn bị cho trước để có một bài nói trôi chảy, hoàn chỉnh.
Tổng hợp 52 đề thi Speaking IELTS Part 2 thường gặp
|Chủ đề||Câu hỏi|
|Describe a family member that you spend most time with||– Who this person is|
– What you like to do together
– When you usually spend time together
– And explain why you spend so much time with him/her
|Describe a person who you think is fashionable||– Who the person is|
– What kinds of clothes this person likes to wear
– How you know the person
– And explain why you think he/she is fashionable
|Describe a person you admire||– Who the person is|
– What he or she is like
– And why you admire him or her
|Describe a famous person that you like||– Who the person is|
– Why he is famous
– What makes you mention specifically him/her
|Describe a character or personality of yours||– What it is|
– Is it a common characteristic
– How it is helpful to you
– And explain why it is important to you
|Describe a special occasion when you had a really enjoyable meal||– What the occasion was|
– Who was at the meal
– What you ate
– And explain why the meal was so enjoyable
|Describe an embarrassing experience you have had with food||– Where you were|
– What happened
– How you felt afterwards
– And what other people thought about this event.
|Describe a restaurant you enjoyed going to.||– Where the restaurant was|
– Who you went with
– What type of food you ate in this restaurant
– And explain why you thought the restaurant was good
|Describe a health problem you or someone you know had||– What it was|
– How you had this health problem
– What you or this person had to do to get better
– and discuss how you/this person felt about this health problem
|Describe a TV program you would like to watch||– What program it is|
– What the program is about
– How often and when you watch it
– And explain why you like watching this program
|Describe an article that you read from a magazine or from the Internet about healthy lifestyle||– When you read it|
– Where you read it
– What it is about
– And if you agree with the opinions in the article
|Describe an unforgettable advertisement that you saw||– Where you saw it|
– What kind of advertisement it was
– What product/service was advertised
– And say how you felt when you saw it
|Describe an educational TV program that you have seen||– What this educational TV program is about|
– How often you watch or listen to this program
– How they influence people
– And explain why this program is educational
|Describe a short trip that you frequently make (or, take) but dislike||– Where you travel from and to|
– How often you make this trip
– Why you make this trip– And explain why you dislike this trip.
|Describe a garden or park you enjoyed visiting||– Where it was|
– What it looked like
– What you did there or, what people did there
– And explain why you liked it.
|Describe a house or an apartment you would like to live in||– What kind of accommodation it would be|
– Where it would be
– Who would live there with you
– And say why you would enjoy living in this place
|Describe a place where you can read or write (not your home)||– Where the place is|
– How it looks like
– What you do there.
– And explain why you like this place.
|Describe a garden/park you often go to||– Where it is|
– How it looks like
– What people do there
– And explain why you often go there
|Describe a place that can be good to relax (not your home)||– Where it is|
– How it looks like
– What people do there
– And explain why you often go there
|Describe a historical building in your country/ hometown||– Where it is|
– What it is used for
– What it looks like
– And explain why it is important to your hometown/country.
|Describe a short- term job you’d like to do in a foreign country||– What type of work you would like to do there|
– What country you’d like to work in
– Why you would like to work in this country
|Describe a prize that you want to win||– What the prize is|
– What you need to do to get it
– How you know about it– Why you want it
|Describe a family (not your own) that you like||– Whose family this is|
– Where they live
– Who are the family members– Why you like this family
|Describe an area of science that interest you||– What science it is|
– How you got interested in it
– How you learn this science
– Why this science is interesting to you
|Describe a good decision you made recently||– What the decision was and how you made it |
– When you made it
– Why it was a good decision
– How you felt about
|Describe a book you read that you found useful||– What the book is and what it is about|
– Why you read it
– When you read it
– Why you think it’s useful
|Describe a time when you received good news||– What this news was|
– When and where you heard it
– Why you think it was good news
|Describe an intelligent person you know||– Who this person is how know this person|
– What this person knows about
– Why you think this person is intelligent
– What you learned from them
|Describe a photo of you that you like||– Where it was taken|
– When it was taken
– How it was taken
– How you felt about the photo
|Describe a person who you think this person is helpful||– Who this person is|
– How you know this person
– How this person helps you
– Why you think this person is helpful
|Describe a time when it was important to tell your friend the truth||– Who your friend is|
– What the truth was
– What your friend’s reaction was
– And explain why it was important to tell the truth
|Describe a time when you saw a wild animal||– What animal it was|
– When you saw it
– Where you saw it
– And explain how you felt when you saw it
|Describe a short journey that you often take but dislike||– Where you go|
– How often you do this
– When you do this
– And explain why you dislike it
|Describe an ideal job you’d like to do in the future||– What it is|
– How you can get this job
– What kinds of work you would do for the job
– And explain why you want to have it
|Describe an activity you usually do that wastes your time||– What it is|
– When you usually do it
– Why you do it
– And explain why you think it wastes your time
|Describe an item on which you spent more than expected||– What it is|
– How much you spent on it
– Why you bought it
– And explain why you think you spent more than expected
|Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school||– Who he/she is– How you knew him/her– Why he/she impressed you most– And how you feel about him/her|
|Describe a time when you waited for something special that would happen||– What you waited for|
– Where you waited
– Why it was special
– And explain how you felt while you were waiting
|Describe a habit your friend has and you want to develop||– Who your friend is|
– What habit he/she was
– When you noticed this habit
– And explain why you want to develop this habit
|Describe a foreign person who you have heard or known that you think is interesting||– Who the person is|
– How you knew him/her
– What kind of person he/she is
– And explain why you think he/she is interesting
|Describe a difficult decision that you once made||– What the decision was|
– When you made your decision
– How long it took to make the decision
– And explain why it was difficult to make
|Describe a bicycle/motorcycle/car trip you would like to go||– Who you would like to go with|
– Where you would like to go
– When you would like to go
– And explain why you would like to go by bicycle/motorcycle/car
|Describe a famous athlete you know||– Who he/she is|
– How you knew him/her
– What he/she has achieved
– And explain why he/she is famous
|Describe a creative person whose work you admire||– Who he/she is|
– How you knew him/her
– What creative things he/she has done– And explain why you think he/she is creative
|Describe a good service you received||– What the service was|
– When you received it
– Who you were with
– And how you felt about it
|Describe a place you visited on vacation||– Where it is|
– When you went there
– What you did there
– And explain why you went there
|Describe a businessman you admire||– Who this person is|
– How you knew this person
– What kinds of business this person does
– And explain why you admire this person
|Describe a time you were friendly to someone you didn’t like||– When and where it happened|
– Who he/she was
– Why you didn’t like this person
– End explain why you were friendly to him/her on that occasion
|Describe a person who solved a problem in a smart way||– Who this person is|
– What the problem was
– How he/she solved it
– And explain why you think he/she did it in a smart way
|Describe an exciting book that you enjoy reading||– When you read it|
– What kind of book it is
– What it is about
– And explain why you think it is exciting
|Describe a café you like to visit||– Where it is|
– What kinds of food and drinks it serves
– What you do there
– And explain why you like to go there
Cấu trúc Speaking IELTS: Part 3
Cấu trúc chung
Như đã đề cập ở phần đầu tiên, Part 3 sẽ là thời gian để giám khảo đưa ra các câu hỏi liên quan đến chủ đề đã được nói đến ở Part 2. Phần này đòi hỏi bạn phải vận dụng tốt các cấu trúc và từ vựng Speaking IELTS khác nhau để đạt được điểm cao.
Tổng hợp 30 đề thi Speaking IELTS Part 3 thường gặp
|Chủ đề||Câu hỏi|
|Advertising||– What are the different kinds of advertising?|
– What kind of advertising is most common in your country?
– What are the ways in which advertisements catch the attention of viewers?
– Do big companies prefer to advertise on TV or in some other ways? (Why?)
– What are the good and bad points of advertisements?
– Is advertising on the internet very influential?
– Are any kinds of advertising in your country considered illegal?
– Do you trust advertisements? (Why?/Why not?)
– How do you feel about false advertising?
|Animals and Pets||– In what ways are humans different from other animals?|
– What are the main roles of animals in your country?
– Why is it important to conserve the world’s animal and plant species?
– Which species are endangered in your country? Why?
– Do you think modern farming methods are cruel to animals?
– Why do many people refuse to eat meat?
– What effects do you think humans have on wild animals?
– What measures could we take to protect wildlife?
|Art and culture||– How do people in your country feel about art?|
– Do people in your country prefer music over art?
– What are some traditional art forms in your country?
– How can children benefit from learning about art?
– Do you think the government should provide support for art and cultural activities?
|City and countryside||– What are the advantages of living in the countryside?|
– What are the disadvantages of living in the countryside?
– What kinds of people live in the countryside?
– What do people living in the countryside like to do?
– How has life changed over time in the countryside?
– Do you think it is better to live in the city or in the countryside?
– Do you think landmarks make a city more famous, why?
– What interesting things can we do in big cities?
– What’s the difference between living in the city and in the countryside?
|Clothes||– Do all people enjoy shopping for clothes?|
– Do you think it is good for people to buy expensive clothes? Why?
– Why do some people like shopping with friends?
– What special clothes do people in your country wear on official or formal occasions?
– What is the different dress style between boys and girls?
|Education||– What do you think of the education system in Vietnam?|
– How important do you think education is to an individual?
– How important are the roles of theory and practice in your discipline?
– What do you think are the major problems in the Vietnamese education system?
– How important do you think the computer is in education today? Are there any subjects computers cannot teach today?
– Which university do you think is the best in Vietnam?
|Environment||– Are there many environmental problems in your country?|
– Are people concerned about environmental problems in your country?
– Do you think enough is being done to deal with them?
– What can individuals do to help?
– Do you think older people have as much awareness of environmental problems as the younger generation?
|Family||– Is family important in your country?|
– How has the size of the family changed in the last few decades in
– your country?
– How do you think the family will change in the future?
– What role do grandparents play in the family in your country?
|Food||– Is the food that people eat today in your country different to the food that people used to eat in the past? (if yes, in what ways has it changed?) …|
– How do you think the way we eat will change in the future?
– How is food eaten on special occasions different from food eaten on ordinary days?
– Do you think people cook too much for celebrations? How to reduce food wastage?
– How do you compare the food that we now eat to the food we had in the past?
|Health||– What are the most popular ways of keeping healthy in your country?Do you think most people worry more about their health as they get older?|
– Why do you think some people continue bad habits when they know that they are damaging to their health?
– How can children be encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits?
– Do you think people have become more health conscious in recent years?
– Could governments do more to promote healthier lifestyle options?
|History||– Do you like history?|
– Do you think learning history is important?
– What are the benefits of museums?
– Are museums in your country free of charge?
– Which way is better for learning history? Through reading books or visiting museums?
|Internet||– How has the internet changed social behavior?|
– Should companies check job applicants’ online profiles?
– What will be the next big development online?
– Do most people have a computer at home in your country? What do most people use it for?
– Do you think all information on the internet is true?
– How can people find reliable information on the internet?
|Media and News||– How do newspapers market themselves for increasing sales?|
– What kind of marketing practices do these newspapers use?
– Do you think newspapers manipulate real stores to increase their sales?
– Do the TV programs and radio channels talk about the same news?
|Reading||– For children, what do you think are the benefits of reading?|
– What do you think are the benefits of reading in general?
– What kind of books are considered good reads in your opinion?
– Do you think that people read nowadays as they did in the past?
– Will electronic books ever completely replace printed books in the future?
|Role models||– Which type of people are respected most in our society?|
– What happens when young people lack good role models?
– What standards of behavior should teachers set?
– Do you agree that you should never meet your heroes?
|Social problems||– What are the positive social impacts of an aging population?|
– What are the negative economic impacts of an aging population?
– What are the social and economic impacts of hunger?
– Do you think that it is possible to become too competitive in sport?
– Do you think criminals can change?– Is your country a safe country?
|Sports and competition||– Why do you think sport is important?|
– Do you think famous sportspeople are good role models for children?
– Do you agree that sports stars earn too much money?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of intensive training for young sportspeople?
– Do you think that it is possible to become too competitive in sport? In what way?
|Traveling||– How easy is it to travel around your country?|
– Which method of travel do you consider safest?
– Has travel become safer in recent years?
– What are the pros and cons of low-cost air travel?
– How do you think people will travel in the future?
|Work||– Do you think job satisfaction is more important than salary when choosing a job?|
– What skills do you think are needed to get a good job these days?
– Do you think women should be able to do all the same jobs that men do?
– How has technology changed the way we work?
– What is the difference between white collar and blue collar jobs?
– What jobs do you think are most valuable to society?
|Famous||– What sorts of people are famous in your country?|
– How do people become famous?
– Are there any differences between people who were famous a few years ago and the people who are famous today?
– Do you think famous people ever have a negative influence on ordinary people?
– What qualities do famous people have in common?
– Through what kind of media can they be famous?
|Weather||– Does weather affect your mood?|
– Does weather have any impact on people’s daily activities?
– Where can people get weather reports?
– How do weather reports affect people’s lives?/Why are people interested in the weather?
– What do people do on rainy days and sunny days?
– Has climate change affected your country?
– What do you wear when it’s cold outside?
– Why do people need to wear thick clothes when it’s cold outside?
|Journey||– What kind of transportation do people in your country often use for traveling?|
– Do you think that decreasing the use of transportation is a good measure to protect the environment?
|Job||– What do most people consider when finding/accepting a job?|
– What is more important? Job satisfaction or a high salary?
– What kinds of jobs do people in your country prefer?
– Do you think we need less physical work due to technology development?
– Do you think robots will take over men’s jobs in the future?What kinds of jobs are most likely to be taken over by robots?
|Describe an item on which you spent more than expected||– Do you often buy more than expected?|
– What do you think young people spend most of their money on?
– Do you think it is important to save money? Why?
– Do people buy things they don’t need?
|Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school||– Why do people always miss their childhood?|
– Are kids happier than adults? Why?
– Why do people still remember many of their friends from primary school?
– What kinds of primary school teachers will impress students?
|Describe a time when you waited for something special that would happen||– On what occasions do people usually need to wait?|
– Who behaves better when waiting, children or adults?
– Compared to the past, are people less patient now, why?
– What are the positive and negative effects of waiting on society?
|Describe a habit your friend has and you want to develop||– What habits should children have?|
– What should parents do to teach their children good habits?
– What influences do children with bad habits have on other children?
– Why do some habits change when people get older?
|Describe a difficult decision that you once made||– What decisions do people usually make in their daily lives?|
– Which is easier, making a decision by yourself or making a decision after group discussion?
– Why are many young people unwilling to follow their parents’ advice?
– Why would middle-aged people tend to second-guess their own decisions?
|Describe a bicycle/motorcycle/car trip you would like to go||– Which form of vehicle is more popular in your country, bikes, cars or motorcycles?|
– Do you think air pollution comes mostly from mobile vehicles?
– Do you think people need to change the way of transportation drastically to protect the environment?
– How are the transportation systems in urban areas and rural areas different?
|Describe a good service you received||– What do you think of the relationship between companies and customers?|
– As a customer, what kinds of services would you expect to receive from a company?
– What kinds of jobs involve coping with the public?
– Why should companies react quickly when customers have difficulties?
Cấu trúc đề thi IELTS kỹ năng nghe – đọc – viết
Ngoài việc tìm hiểu bài thi Speaking IELTS có mấy phần, bạn cũng cần nắm cấu trúc đề thi của 3 phần còn lại nếu muốn chinh phục được band điểm mình đề ra. Cụ thể như sau:
- Cấu trúc đề thi IELTS kỹ năng nghe: Phần này sẽ gồm 4 đoạn tương ứng với 40 câu hỏi, với thời gian hoàn thành là 40 phút. Các thí sinh chỉ được nghe một lần, giữa các đoạn sẽ có khoảng nghỉ 10 giây và cuối bài sẽ có thêm 10 phút để kiểm tra kết quả.
- Cấu trúc đề thi IELTS kỹ năng đọc: Phần này gồm 3 đoạn văn với 40 câu hỏi, có thời gian làm bài trong 60 phút. Nội dung những đoạn văn này thường được lấy từ sách báo, tạp chí với lối viết phân tích, diễn dịch hoặc miêu tả… Ngoài ra, ở phần đọc cũng có sự xuất hiện của đồ thị, biểu đồ, hình minh họa…
- Cấu trúc đề thi IELTS kỹ năng viết: Đề thi viết IELTS sẽ có 2 bài, Task 1 (150 từ) và Task 2 (250 từ). Thời gian làm bài trong vòng 60 phút, được chia làm 2 dạng học thuật và tổng quát.
Mẹo giúp bạn “chinh phục” Speaking IELTS band 8.0
Để “chinh phục” Speaking IELTS band 8.0, bạn đừng nên bỏ qua những mẹo sau đây:
- Luôn nắm rõ thang điểm đánh giá cho từng section: Phần thi Speaking IELTS nói riêng và các phần khác nói chung đều có quy định rất chặt chẽ về thang điểm. Do đó, nếu muốn đạt điểm cao, bạn cần nắm rõ thang điểm và các tiêu chí chấm thi để chinh phục giám khảo.
- Dành thời gian luyện tập thường xuyên: Hãy tập luyện nói càng nhiều càng tốt, tạo phản xạ nói tiếng Anh thật tự nhiên. Như vậy, phần thi Speaking IELTS của bạn sẽ tự tin, lưu loát hơn.
- Tìm hiểu các chủ đề thường gặp trong phần thi Speaking IELTS: Bạn cần chuẩn bị kiến thức nền tảng thật vững chắc để chinh phục kỳ thi IELTS. Hãy tham khảo thêm các chủ đề thường gặp, những từ vựng liên quan để có thể “phát triển” bài nói một cách thoải mái, tự tin nhất.
- Sử dụng chiến thuật “câu giờ”: Trong phần 1 và 3 của bài thi Speaking IELTS, bạn gần như không có thời gian để suy nghĩ về đáp án cho các câu hỏi mà giám khảo đưa ra. Do đó, hãy áp dụng chiến thuật “câu giờ” như lặp lại hoặc biến đổi câu hỏi để suy nghĩ câu trả lời phù hợp.
- Tự sửa lỗi: Nếu bạn phát hiện mình mắc lỗi sai và chắc chắn có thể sửa lại, hãy tự điều chỉnh ngay nếu có thể. Điều này sẽ giúp giám khảo đánh giá tốt khả năng kiểm soát ngữ pháp và sử dụng từ ngữ của bạn.
>>> Xem thêm: “Bật mí” 6 Speaking IELTS tips giúp bạn dễ dàng đạt 8+
Trên đây là tổng quan cấu trúc đề thi IELTS mà ELSA Speak đã tổng hợp được. Hy vọng bạn đọc có thể xác định chính xác Speaking IELTS có mấy phần, từ đó xác định “chiến lược” để chinh phục band điểm mà mình mong muốn. Lên kế hoạch học tập ngay hôm nay để đạt điểm cao trong kỳ thi sắp đến bạn nhé!